Thursday, July 10, 2014

Where this all started...

Christmas 2012...my wife gave me a Brooklyn Brew Shop home brew kit complete with a 1 gallon glass carboy, thermometer, racking cane, blow off tube, air lock, and all the ingredients to make an all grain IPA. At the time I was in an apartment trying to make this work in a 5 quart pot on an electric stove. Needless to say it was difficult. The end product turned out excellent however because of the confines of an apartment I went a year without brewing. Now armed with a backyard, patio, and a propane burner I have started again. With 8 bottles of APA conditioning and a gallon of Belgium Saison in the carboy I'm looking to expand and make my first 5 gallon batch.

Coming soon I will share how I made my cooler mash tun and hot liquor tank. Until then enjoy a local beer or two!


No comments:

Post a Comment